KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 3, 2010): An appeal against a High Court's decision to reject an application filed by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to strike out his sodomy charges, could be heard, at the earliest on Feb 12.
Anwar's defence counsel Datuk Param Cumaraswamy, who met with President of Court of Appeal Tan Sri Alauddin Mohd Sheriff together with the prosecution in his chambers, said Alauddin indicated that the earliest hearing date could be on Feb 12, which is next week.
"The President of Court of Appeal explained he is unable to get the judges to hear the appeal before (this) Friday. So the earliest will be Friday next week. As as far as the application for review, he would let us know the date," Param told reporters gathered outside the court this morning.
In his application filed last week, Anwar said the trial should be stayed pending his appeal to the Court of Appeal against the High Court's refusal to strike out the sodomy charge against him.
However, High Court Justice Datuk Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah turned down his stay bid.
Anwar's team had also filed an application to review the Federal Court decision on Jan 29, upholding an earlier decision to turn down his request for access to documents from the prosecution to prepare his defence.
Anwar, who is Opposition Leader, is accused of sodomising Mohd Saiful Bukhari at Unit 11-5-1, Kondominium Desa Damansara, Jalan Setiakasih, Bukit Damansara, between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008.
He is charged under section 377B of the Penal Code which carries a maximum 20 years’ jail and whipping, if convicted.
The prosecution team is headed by Solicitor-General II Datuk Mohamed Yusof Zainal Abiden who will be assisted by five deputy public prosecutors: Datuk Nordin Hassan, Mohamad Hanafiah Zakaria, Wong Chiang Kiat, Noorin Badaruddin and Shamsul Sulaiman.
Anwar’s defence is lead by Raja Aziz Addruse, with Param, Karpal Singh, Datuk C.V. Prabakharan, S. N. Nair, Wan Anuar Shadat, R.Sivarasa, Leela Jesuthasan, Edmund Bon, Saiful Idham Ramli, Amer Hamzah Arshad, Latheefa Koya and Mohd Radzlan Jalaludin also in his team.
~Sun2surf
Khamis, Februari 04, 2010
Langgan:
Catat Ulasan (Atom)
Post Haru Biru
-
Rakyat malaysia sudah marah kerana ramai sangat warga asing turun mengundi... Kerana umnobn, negara tergadai kek warga asing. Nota: Tra...
-
Ini gambar ular gergasi yang terpampang di muka hadapan sebelah atas Utusan Malaysia bertarikh 28 Julai 2010, dikatakan ular gergasi tersebu...
-
...Night was black was no use holding back 'Cause I just had to see was someone watching me In the mist dark figures move and twist was ...
-
Salam semua. Sila update link terbaru blog Budak Kampung seperti di bawah. budakkampungon9.blogspot.com dalam beberapa hari lagi addres la...
-
Soalan; ustaz, apakah diterima puasa orang yang sengaja meninggalkan solat? kerana saya melihat ramai orang yang berpusa tapi tidak mengerj...
-
Hasbi Satar merupakan seorang Setiausaha Politik kepada Nor Mohamed Yakcop telah meletakkan jawatan kerana kantoi memiliki wang RM2 juta. Ba...
-
Lagi surat Apco Worldwide dengan kerajaan Malaysia | | | Say No To Yahudi Laknatullah.. Say No To APCO Umno...
-
Kosmo | Pelajar yang ingin kembali ke Mesir untuk menyambung pengajian perlu bersedia menanggung sendiri kos tiket penerbangan tanpa diska...
-
Penamaan calon belum bermula, Permatang Pasir belum lagi kelihatan kenaikkan poster dan baner. Zahid Hamidi kecut dan terus memberi amaran a...
0 comments:
Catat Ulasan